Manage episode 186963350 series 1408837
While it isn’t the future, you’ll be able to replay this One Off again and again until it makes you want to rip your earbuds out of your head. That’s right, this week Dave and Steve are watching Black Mirror Season 1, Episode 3: ‘The Entire History of You’. They vaguely remember 60’s era television and Dave makes fun of how Steve’s brain works. What more could you ask for?
As Netflix reminds us, thie episode is summarized thusly, “In the near future, everyone has access to a memory implant that records everything humans do, see and hear”. Which, of course, raises the question: why would you say ‘humans’ do? Is it an attempt to clarify that we’re not putting these implants in frogs? Now that’d be a strange future: in a world where every toad is recording your every move, one human gets hopping mad in an attempt to be frogotten.
- “Black Mirror” is available on Netflix.
- While Dave and Steve aren’t recapping ‘The Entire History of You’, they are apparently happy to summarize their favorite episodes of The Twilight Zone.
- Without knowing it, Dave and Steve accidentally choose episodes of The Twilight Zone that are linked through the same child actor: Bill Mumy.
- Steve just wanted an excuse to say “godking”.
- Steve has trouble with empathy.
- Dave and Steve would make terrible relationship counsellors…
- … But great sociopaths.
- Steve is, indeed, aphantastic.
- This podcast might be evidence in a retrial sometime down the road.
- Dave accuses Steve of thoughtcrime, which is probably true, but there’s no need to call him out on it.
- Steve has memory envy.
- Steve swears more than once, creating work for the editor. Thanks Steve.
9 episodes available. A new episode about every 28 days averaging 33 mins duration .