Manage episode 231406606 series 1390839
Special thanks to today's sponsor LIFT Academy, check them out at flywithlift.com
What is going on Avination and welcome back to episode 55 of Pilot to Pilot podcast. Today, I am talking with Shannon aka PilotShanelly on Instagram. In today's episode, Shannon and I talk about...
- Find out what ShaNelly got into aviation
- Her dad flew the B52 bomber.
- What Shannon looked for when choosing an aviation school.
- Shannon talks about what it was like to balance athletics and flying.
- Why Shannon's parents only wanted her to do her PPL first to see if this is what she really wanted.
- I talk about how I made excuses during my flying training.
- Shannon talks about the support system she had while she was in her training.
- How her non-aviation friends thought it was really cool she was becoming a pilot.
- Shannon talks about an instructor that gave it to her straight.
- How Shannon felt rushed during her PPL training.
- Shannon talks about the troubles she had with her training.
- How Instrument training was a pivotal moment in her career.
- How important your IFR training is.
- Shannon talks about how consistency is very important in aviation
- Shannon talks about how she built her time.
- Shannon talks about the transition from CFI to regional.
- Shannon talks about some crazy stories from her time as a CFI.
- Shannon talks about the dynamic of a male to female cockpit when she was a CFI.
- Shannon talks about flying wings for children.
- Shannon talks about how she loved being a CFI.
- We talk about how important it is to have a good CFI.
- Shannon talks about regional life.
- How no one prepared Shannon for the logistics of an airline pilot
- Shannon gives three tips to a new student.
- How no one really prepares you for the life of an airline pilot.
- Shannon talks about how and why she applied to the majors
- Shannon talks about the reason behind the Instagram dances.
Thank you for listening to today's episode. If you enjoyed the podcast, please leave us a review on iTunes and check out our website