Manage episode 219974961 series 1316157
You can do it simply for almost nothing if you already have your basic podcasting equipment with you (software, microphone, etc.).
My family has started a new lifestyle - traveling full time - and until we get our RV I’ve had to make do with some pretty unusual and less-than-ideal recording conditions.
So I’ve had to get creative - because as they say, “Necessity is the mother of invention.”
For this episode I’m demonstrating my attempts to create my own sound treatment solutions out of nothing - or almost nothing. And I do it step by step so you can actually HEAR the difference in the audio as I go along.
It’s a short episode - but I think it will show you that your recording situation may not be as hopeless as you thought.
- [1:18] My situation has changed - and my recording situation is a bit difficult as a result
- [3:39] Pre-treated room sound - no windscreen - open windows - tile floor - hard surfaces
- [4:41] Closed the windows/doors - much less ambient sound
- [6:10] Adding the foam windscreen - often better than a pop screen
- [7:11] Less hard surfaces by adding a blanket to the table my computer is on
- [8:06] A tremendous difference from a DIY sound booth using couch cushions
- Connect to schedule a one-on-one or group training: carey (at) PodcastFastTrack.com
- Audio Technica 2005 Microphone: http://a.co/d/inaZuSM
127 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 27 mins duration .