Manage episode 263072256 series 1401837
- What is Vite and what makes it different than existing tools like Webpack?
- How do ES Modules actually work in the browser and what are the limitations?
- Will we ever be able to use ES Modules in production for large complex projects?
- How does Vite work under the hood, and how does it support non-JS files like Vue files, or CSS files?
- How hot module replacement is implemented under the hood in Vite
- Optimizing modules with many dependencies to keep the development experience fast
- What is VitePress and how does it compare to VuePress?
- Bundling sites for production with Vite
- What's the roadmap for Vite 1.0?
Supporting the show:
I decided to stop taking sponsors for the show because I think advertisements are annoying and no one wants to listen to them.
If you do want to support the show, the best way to do it is to purchase one of my products:
- Tailwind UI, a collection of professionally designed, fully responsive HTML components built with Tailwind CSS
- Refactoring UI, a book and video series I put together with Steve Schoger on designing beautiful user interfaces, without relying on a designer.
- Advanced Vue Component Design, a course on designing simpler, more flexible Vue components that are both more powerful and easier to maintain.
- Test-Driven Laravel, a massive video course on designing robust Laravel applications with TDD. Learn how to build a real-world application from scratch without writing a single line of untested code.
- Refactoring to Collections, a book and video course that teaches you how to apply functional programming principles to break down ugly, complex code into simple transformations — free of loops, complex conditionals, and temporary variables.