Manage episode 196271049 series 1952292
Your questions answered, poorly!
Why does Catholic social media hate Fr. James Martin so much?
Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or a thousand duck-sized horses?
-side note 1: STRANGER THINGS SEASON 2!!!!
-side note 2: READY PLAYER ONE! (and Spielberg)
-side note 3: WIL WHEATON
-side note 4: The Fall of White Male Hollywood because of Harvey Weinstein
-side note 5: Matt Fradd and the tide against pornography
What are your thoughts on Purity Culture? Slut-shaming? Why do we only talk about the virtue of chastity?
What about human formation? etiquette?
Thoughts on Star Wars 8: "The Last Jedi"
Gomer goes on vacation with his wife on December 14!
Shot out to Matt Field Jr. and Clare Kane and the beer they got me (with Dane) while I was doing a Philly parish mission!
Another shot out to Theresa Willaims and her aggressive posting on Facebook!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Patreon.com/CF: Donate $10 or more a month and get a bonus weekly episode of CF every Monday!
Thank You, Facebook followers!
- Sugar Goes to the Holy Land! — First-fan, Sugar Garcia, heads to the Holy Land on pilgrimage. Send her your prayer requests today!
- Father James Martin on LGBT community: A bridge too far? — In his new book, "Building a Bridge," Father James Martin fails to mention Catholic organizations trying to help homosexuals live their lives according to Church teaching. However, he does speak approvingly of New Ways Ministry, which has been condemned by both the Vatican and the U.S. Bishops. Is he causing confusion in the Church?
- Amazon.com: Building a Bridge: How the Catholic Church and the LGBT Community Can Enter into a Relationship of Respect, Compassion, and Sensitivity — Building a Bridge: How the Catholic Church and the LGBT Community Can Enter into a Relationship of Respect, Compassion, and Sensitivity
- Pints With Aquinas: 73: Why I don't call myself Gay, With Daniel Mattson ... Also Fr. James Martin's new book — 73: Why I don't call myself Gay, With Daniel Mattson ... Also Fr. James Martin's new book This is the second part in a two-part series we've done on homosexuality. Be sure to listen to last week's episode before this one. Today we talk about terminology—why Daniel doesn't call himself 'gay'. We also respond to Fr. James Martin's new book, "Building A Bridge."
- Why I Don't Call Myself Gay by Daniel Mattson — Why I Don't Call Myself Gay: How I Reclaimed My Sexual Reality and Found Peace, by Daniel Mattson
- Stranger Things season 2: a guide - Vox — Stranger Things 2, the second season of 2016’s surprise hit Netflix series, is upon us. And whether you’re already a fan of the show or are making your inaugural visit to the creepy world that is Stranger Things’ Hawkins, Indiana, you can use this guide to season two to stay up to date on everything you need to know. Full of nostalgia for an analog world where kids on bikes battled monsters by using moves they learned from Dungeons & Dragons, Stranger Things season one instantly lured in viewers with its ’80s homages and throwback atmosphere. Some came for the show’s spooky supernatural storyline; others were drawn in by the memes that season one soon inspired. But the quirky story of a small town hosting a bizarre hellmouth known as the Upside Down had something for everyone. And now that season two is finally here, we can’t wait to go back for more. Here’s what we know so far.
- Ready Player One – Official Movie Site – In theaters March 30, 2018 — The trailer! The 80s!
- Wil Wheaton - YouTube — Family Guy: Wil Wheaton
- How the Harvey Weinstein Story Has Unfolded - The New York Times — It can be difficult to keep up on all the developments related to Harvey Weinstein in recent weeks. An Oct. 5 New York Times investigation by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey revealed sexual harassment allegations against Mr. Weinstein dating back to 1990. More women began to come forward with accusations of sexual harassment and assault against him. On Oct. 10, the actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie told The Times that they, too, had been harassed by Mr. Weinstein.
- #MeToo | The Catholic Realist — Ever since the issue of sexual assault has come to the forefront, beginning heavily in the election year last year, it’s been on my mind a lot. I’ve hesitated to share my story mostly because, until this became a big talking point, I honestly didn’t realize I HAD been sexually assaulted. Which is why this story will come as a surprise to my family and friends – I’ve never talked about it because it took me until i was 37 years old, approximately 15 years after it happened, to be able to name it what it was.
- The Porn Effect
- The Four Dimensions of Priestly Formation | Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary — In Pastores Dabo Vobis, Pope John Paul II described the principal foundations for priestly formation as human, spiritual, intellectual, and pastoral. Each area, while distinct in itself, is naturally linked to the others. The four dimensions form the comprehensive structure of formation that guides the development of the candidate toward Priesthood.
- Catching Foxes: Pastor Joey Has No Answers — Today we interview Pastor Joey Svendsen from the BAD CHRISTIAN podcast, which describes itself as Post-Christian, or Post-Evangelical, or maybe just Post-Bible-Belt-Evangelicalism. We start off talking about the annoyance of Small Talk, problems with having 80 inboxes and managing expectations for all those inboxes.
- Christifideles Laici | John Paul II — The cultivation of human values finds a place in the context of a totally integrated formation, bearing a particular significance for the missionary and apostolic activities of the lay faithful. In this regard the Council wrote: "(the lay faithful) should also hold in high esteem professional skill, family and civic spirit, and the virtues related to social behaviour, namely, honesty, a spirit of justice, sincerity, courtesy, moral courage; without them there is no true Christian life". In bringing their lives into an organic synthesis, which is, at one and the same time, the manifestation of the unity of "who they are" in the Church and society as well as the condition for the effective fulfilment of their mission, the lay faithful are to be guided interiorly and sustained by the Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of unity and fullness of life.
- The Packer Way : Nine Stepping Stones to Building a Winning Organization: Ron Wolf, Paul Attner, Green Bay Packers (Football Team): 9780312193126: Amazon.com: Books — The Packer Way : Nine Stepping Stones to Building a Winning Organization Hardcover – November, 1998
- Heading Out On Your Own: 31 Basic Life Skills in 31 Days: Brett H. McKay, Kate R. McKay: 9780989190398: Amazon.com: Books — Heading Out On Your Own: 31 Basic Life Skills in 31 Days
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi | StarWars.com — The next chapter in the Skywalker saga arrives December 2017.
179 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 77 mins duration .