Manage episode 236103970 series 2399927
Shawn Whiting, the Community Designer at Against Gravity joins Petr and Azad to discuss the origins and the future of one of the most popular games in VR: Rec Room.
- origins of Rec Room as "WiiSports of VR"
- the variety of results when building a "networked VR app"
- handling major updates to a multi-platform VR app
- Creating the written and unwritten rules of social spaces
- self-moderation vs moderator intervention
- Creative tools to build user generated rooms
- Deciding when to use user-feedback and when not to
- Differences between VR players vs 2D screen players
- currency and in-game economy
recorded in April 2019
Guests: Shawn Whiting
Podcast: Research VR Podcast
ResearchVR Community Links:
Discord Community Channel: https://discord.gg/rrgnxEk
Youtube: ResearchVR Podcast
Patreon: Patreon Page