Taking Time Off As a Podcast Editor
Manage episode 344086763 series 2811833
If you want to be successful as a podcast editor, you just need to grind it out. All time time. Day and night. When you're sick. When your family needs you. Just keep grinding.
Or do you?
The reality is that you're not a machine, and you didn't go into business so that you could be the worst boss you've ever had.
You need to take time off. You need to recharge. You need to have a LIFE.
Listen to Discover
- Why Jennifer stepped away from the podcast for a bit
- Who didn't even show up to record this episode
- How long it took Carrie to feel comfortable taking time off
- How to deal with production lead times when getting ready for time off
- How many days Daniel wants to have off to recharge every week
- Ways to prepare for income changes when taking time off
Links And Resources
- Global Podcast Editors - YouTube - This is Stephanie's show on YouTube.
- Global Podcast Editors | Substack - This is the link Carrie mentioned for Stephanie's newsletter.
Join Us Live!
We stream live to our Facebook page and to YouTube every other week.
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on Facebook if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!