Manage episode 205296347 series 2130251
Dr James Field is a leading scientist in the field of synthetic biology. He set up LabGenius while completing his PhD at Imperial College London. He is a winner of the prestigious BBSRC Innovator of the Year award for early career impact and was featured on Forbes' 30 Under 30 list for Science & Healthcare. James is also a fellow of the prestigious Synthetic Biology Leadership Excellence Accelerator Program (LEAP).
As founder and CEO of LabGenius, he has overseen the development if EVA - an autonomous AI-driven evolution engine for the discovery of high-value protein components.
The company uses this cutting-edge technology to develop new biological products in partnership with world leading multinationals. Their current focus areas are creating novel therapies for unmet clinical needs and “advanced materials” for the UK Ministry of Defence.
The company has raised $3.7m in funding from venture capital firms led by Acequia Capital.
- the history and current landscape of synthetic biology
- the genomics of sexual attraction and how intuitive knowledge is hard coded in our genes
- gene editing and its ethical implication in this brave new world
- how Science Fiction is a thought experiment for examining our own humanity
- the challenges of becoming a CEO from a scientist
If you like Sci-Fi and want to know why a ruby red grapefruit is red, you’ll enjoy this one!