Manage episode 173582443 series 1394059
In which we discuss,
1. “The Venus Effect” by Violet Allen, Lightspeed.
Listen to an audio version of the story, narrated by Stefan Rudnicki, in a delicious podcast here (=>mp3).
2. “Where We Must Be” by Laura van den Berg, Indiana Review
along with, among other things...
Riding the Meta
- That’s So Meta: Writing a Story About Writing a Story
- Adventures in Meta-Fiction with Paul Park
- Let’s Get Meta: Science Fiction About Science Fiction
- The metaficitonal, liminal, lyrical ways of writer Carmen Maria Machado
The Personal is the Political
- The Pitfalls for the Politically Engaged Writer
- The origin of the phrase. Carol Hanisch. February, 1969.
Dreams and Monsters
- That one episode, LAMBORGHINIS AND OTHER SIGNIFIERS where we discussed Joseph Allen Hill’s story, “You Can’t See It ’Til It’s Done”