Manage episode 174310054 series 1394059
In which we discuss,
along with, among other things...
- That one story “The Wretched and the Beautiful” by E. Lily Yu in Motherboard.
- That one Locus Magazine spotlight on E. Lily Yu.
- That one interview E. Lily Yu did with Uncanny Magazine.
- That one interview Amber Sparks did with American Short Fiction.
- That one essay about Instagram as a cabinet of curiosities
- That one About Me on Amber Sparks on website.
On God in Space
On Individuals and Archetypes
- That one archetypal tale, The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan.
- That one archetype, Death, which Neil Gaiman imagined as a young woman in Sandman.
Wordy People and Things
- That one short story collection “A Model World” by Michael Chabon which epigraphs a quote from “The Map Poem” by Elizabeth Bishop.
- That one poem, “The Map Poem” by Elizabeth Bishop.
- That one book Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- Also, this one article from the New York Review, “What Orwell Really Meant” by George Orwell.