Manage episode 178183254 series 1394059
In which we discuss,
1. "He—y Come On Out!" by Shinichi Hoshi, The Best Japanese Science Fiction Stories, 1989. (orig. F&SF, 1978).
along with, among other things...
- The Djinn Falls in Love, and Other Stories
- Interview with Bookslut
- “‘Escape from Baghdad’ is the ‘Slaughterhouse Five of the Iraq War”
Stories with a hole
- Pandora’s box
- Doctor Who’s crack in the wall
- Bag of holding
- That one episode of Angel, “Hole in the World”
A nonchalant sort of tone
- Kij Johnson, Storyological here in Episode 1.24: IT'S NOT ABOUT ZEB.
- Haruki Murakami, "An Everyman for our Times."
- Judy Budnitz, discussed on Storyological here in Episode 1.21: THE BOURNE LAMPSHADE.
- Kelly Link, discussed on Storyological here in Episode 1.15: FOR A MINUTE THERE.
Other bits of Storyological Past
- That one episode where we discussed “Pockets” by Amal El-Mohtar, Episode 1.06: LATER EVERYTHING
- That one interview we did with Adam Ehrlich Sachs
Japanese Folk Tales
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving us a review on iTunes. It helps more readers find their way to our sound space.
Thanks for listening.