Manage episode 202959980 series 1394059
In which we discuss,
1. “A Strange Tale from Down by the River”
Banana Yoshimoto (translated by Ann Sharif), Lizard, 1995. (read online here @electriclit)
Jillian Tamaki, Boundless, 2017. (read online @hazlitt)
along with, among other things…
- An interview with Banana Yoshimoto by Rowan Riley in Bookslut.
- Here is a profile by Cassie Wong in The Culture Trip.
- A profile by Marta Bausells of Jillian Tamaki in the Guardian.
- An interview with Chris Randle in The Comics Journal.
Things of an otherwise nature
- Call Me by Your Name, film and book
- Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Crash Course Literature
- The Best Worst Movie
- Troll 2
If you enjoyed this episode, two things.
1) Check out our Patreon page where you can support us in our mission to talk about all of the things about all of the stories. Any pledge gets you access to our patron-only feed wherein stuff. Also. If you pledge $3 a month, you can get Chris' monthly newsletter in which he reviews, more or less, everything.
2) Consider leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps more readers find their way to our sound space. Which is cool.
Thanks for listening.