Manage episode 217031647 series 1394059
In which we discuss,
2. “The Thankless Child” by Daniel Mallory Ortberg, The Merry Spinster: Tales of Everyday Horror, 2018.
along with, among other things…
- The stories of Aimee Bender
- Dolly Parton and her “Coat of Many Colors” (video)
- Star wars, myth, and fairy tales
- Linear regression and the function of stories
- Disney’s Cinderella (video)
- That one interview we did with Alyssa Wong
- Magical trees and bushes and Cinderella
- Naomi Novik’s, Spinning Silver
- Hegemony, one definition of
- Magic vacuum cleaners (I couldn’t find a link for this but rest assured we do talk about it)
- Fairy tale logic is, among other things, a poem by A.E. Stallings
If you enjoyed this episode, two things.
1) Check out our Patreon page where you can support us in our mission to talk about all of the things about all of the stories. Any pledge gets you access to our patron-only feed wherein stuff. Also. If you pledge $3 a month, you can get Chris' monthly newsletter in which he reviews, more or less, everything.
2) Consider leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps more readers find their way to our sound space. Which is cool.
Thanks for listening.