Manage episode 248937517 series 1129695
This is a repost of a 2016 episode.
In our 2016 holiday episode, we looked at the forgotten Christmas Eve tradition of telling ghost stories. M.R. James' work from over a hundred years ago best represents this Victorian trend, so in his honor we brought horror to academia and safe spaces.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- How Did Antiquarians Become Action Story Heroes?
- Ghost stories: why the Victorians were so spookily good at them
- Christmas Ghost Stories: The Ghost of Christmas Past Goes Further Back Than You Might Realize
- M. R. James' Ghost Stories Work Eerily Well in This Graphic Fiction Form
- Telling ghost stories is a lost tradition on Christmas Eve