Manage episode 240177062 series 2288841
Gender dysphoria is quickly moving into America’s healthcare lexicon as LGBTQ+ families are rising in number at historic rates, prompting the emergence of alternative medical clinics that are providing services for the transgender patient community. As a result, coders have questions – specifically, about ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
During this edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays, nationally recognized professional physician coder and auditor Terry Fletcher explains what codes to choose, how to understand them, and how to apply them to this new population of patient encounters.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant at Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, reports on the latest development in the baffling condition known as acute flaccid myelitis (AFM).
- CDI Report: Gloryanne Bryant, nationally recognized health information management leader, author, and clinical coding and documentation expert, reports on the MS-DRG updates as found in the 2020 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Final Rule.
- Tuesday Focus: Susan Gatehouse, CEO of Axea Solutions, reports on the need to focus technology advancements on real transformation rather than transactional efficiency.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, anchors the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, FACEP, CCDS, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, continues her discussion of SEP-1.