Manage episode 179328096 series 1143324
Episode 24 - PVE to PVPness
Upcoming WoW PVP Events
- Warcraft EU Cup #2 - 18-22 May - http://wow.starladder.tv/en/tournaments/1399/members
- Warcraft ANZ Cup #1 - 20/27 May - https://play.eslgaming.com/worldofwarcraft/oceania/wow/open/anz-2017-qualifier/
- Further upcoming tournaments! - https://twitter.com/IamClutter/status/863941219063283712
WOW PVP NEWS
- GCDTV EU Clash (7 May)- Congrats to Zeepeye, Wallirik, Loony, and Froffsy of Enjoy Legion for winning first place!
- Warcraft NA Cup #2 (14 May) - Congrats to Gorecki, Jahmilli, Chanimal, and Pikaboo of Tempo Storm for winning first Place!
- Hotfixes - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20653889/hotfixes-may-15
Subject of Analysis
Today we will discuss, moving from pve to pvp!
World of Warcraft is primarily a PvE game. When launched, battlegrounds and arenas did not exist. Players created PvP in the open world (the famous South Shore / Tauren Mill battles). Later, Blizzard added BGs and Arenas.
So, how does one move from doing PvE to PvP? Well, we are going to talk with Thyst to see how she did this.
- Random BGs
- Make friends
- Find a PVP guild
- Watch youtube channels for people who play the same class
- Watch Twitch channels
- Don’t watch tournaments - top ranked play is not the same
- Cynwise - https://cynwise.wordpress.com/
- Pay-wall sites (skill-capped) - they do have some free content sometimes
Warcraft PVP Scene
EU PVP Brackets:
Technically - https://www.twitch.tv/technically_pvp
Andallyn - https://twitter.com/Andallyn1244
Windstead - https://twitter.com/windstead84
Thyst - https://twitter.com/Thyst03
Lagging Balls - https://twitter.com/laggingballs?lang=en
59 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 102 mins duration .