Manage episode 227645288 series 30755
It seems like there's big news coming out every week around this time of year due to the plethora of international car shows that are taking place, like the Chicago Auto Show (CAS). First up to bat to fill us in on CAS happenings is Autotrader Executive Editor, Brian Moody. The 2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road, 2020 Kia Telluride, and 2019 Volkswagen Jetta GLI gave Brian a lot to be excited about. While a few SUVs and sedans did standout, the Chicago Auto Show had a clear focus on trucks. Automotive journalist, BJ Killeen, shares how manufacturers are pushing their trucks further and further, which vehicles caught her eye, and which rides fell flat. Next up, Executive Publisher for Kelley Blue Book, Autotrader, and Dealer.com, Karl Brauer, talks about his Rubella scare after the Detroit Auto Show, and the reintroduction of the sublime green to MOPAR cars at CAS. Speaking of MOPAR cars, Alan and Karl have both had their Dodge Demons for a year and it's time for their one-year review on this beast of a machine. Another monster machine that Alan owns is his 1-of-1 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, but he's trying to not own it anymore; search for it on ClassicCars.com to take ownership of this future classic. Closing the show, Owner of Collins Bros Jeep, Dennis Collins, gushes about the Dodge Redeye; this car loses to the Demon ever so slightly on horsepower, but makes up for it everywhere else. Also, we find out how Black Mountain Jeep's licensee program works, how the trade wars are affecting business, why Dennis isn't banking on the restomod market, and what kind of plans Dennis has for Jeep's rebirthed Gladiator. Tune in for another exciting week of auto show coverage and monster car reviews.
- [00:00:00] 2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road
- [[00:05:24] Kia Telluride, Subaru Legacy, Shelby GT500
- [[00:12:31] 2019 Volkswagen Jetta GLI at CAS
- [[00:19:51] 30 Year Anniversaries and Awesome Trucks
- [[00:28:20] BJ's Top Picks from Chicago Auto Show
- [[00:35:52] New Chevrolet Blazer a Disappointment?
- [[00:42:12] Sublime Green is Back and Rubella Scare
- [[00:48:03] Tesla Loses Tax Credit and Autonomy
- [[00:54:43] Dodge Demon One Year Report Card
- [[01:02:04] It's Time to Let the 2016 Viper ACR Go
- [[01:09:00] Dodge Redeye and Restomod Market
- [[01:18:04] Black Mountain Jeep, Tariffs, Gladiator
2183 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 79 mins duration .