Manage episode 277561623 series 2445782
Veiled behind a strong border defence, you can come out but you can’t come in. It begs the question: what is going on with the Brisbane property market? In this episode Veronica chats shop with Meighan Wells on the state of the Brisbane market, making note of the vast structural differences to other capital cities, how the WFH movement shifted more people into the city and asking the question will Brisbane boom or fizzle out? Meighan is a buyers agent and principal of Property Pursuit and co-founded Home Buyer Academy alongside Veronica.
Here’s what we covered:
- What's happening across the border in Brisbane?
- How has the Brisbane property market performed compared to Melbourne and Sydney?
- How has the work from home movement shifted more people to Brisbane?
- Why shouldn't you ever rely on the vendor's agent and how you can be misled?
- What is driving the Brisbane property market?
- How has the repatriation of Australians altered what's currently on the market?
- Are investors buying high maintenance old queenslanders?
- What is it like to buy property in Brisbane?
- Why you should never 'hotspot hunt' for property.
- What is the current state of the rental market in Brisbane?
- What type of property goes off at Auction?
GUEST LINKS:Home Buyer Academy - Workshop
Send in your questions to: email@example.com
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded in November, 2020.