Manage episode 302825323 series 2568097
Heather Eastwood is a public interest lawyer (with a brief detour into BigLaw) who found her long-term calling teaching public high school.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Heather came out of college feeling adrift without a clear path to follow
- She went to law school somewhat on a whim, because it was at least an extension of learning
- Heather ended up working for legal aid in Hawaii
- Her best professional experience was based on a highly collaborative environment
- Heather decided to move to the Bay Area and ended up having to take a firm job
- She felt deeply misaligned doing big corporate work
- Heather quit from her honeymoon
- She went back to the core of what she enjoyed in previous roles and her core values
- Heather decided to teach high school, and has been happily doing it for a decade
- The best piece of advice she ever got was “you are never stuck; you always have choices”
Connect with Megan!
Lawyer’s Escape Call: http://bit.ly/escapecall
Lawyer’s Escape Plan Quiz: http://bit.ly/lawyersescaperoutequiz