Manage episode 229668967 series 2495065
If a genie granted Carl Caylor one wish for the Photography Industry, what would he request? A Photographer since the 80's, and an instructor much of that time, Carl has walked through the seismic digital shift, and the accompanying business recycle. He's no stranger to change.
And he also happens to be a published author! Click the link below to find his book on Amazon.
In today's episode of The PhotoTellers, you'll hear how Carl's High School wrestling coach gently encouraged Carl to pursue photography: "Help the yearbook or run laps." [I think it's safe to say that no kid has ever been cajoled from Photography into wrestling.]
Other tidbits of interest from our conversation:
- Why enter print competition?
- What's next for Carl as a Photographer?
- Once you've established a successful business, why bother pressing your own Photography boundaries?
- Consider a different mentality about advertising our work--it's about enjoying the product
- What surprises people about Carl's job as a Photographer?
- Why should someone attend TX School? What makes it different from other schools?
Check out some more of Carl's work at PhotoImagesByCarl.net
And if you're enjoying The PhotoTellers podcast, I need your help. Meander on over to iTunes and give a rating and review to the show. Please and thank you. Something that simple REALLY DOES help the show! Your involvement there tells the iTunes gods, "Hey--this is a relevant podcast! Share it with others!" And they do! Because of your involvement, only weeks after the launch, iTunes featured us in the New And Noteworthy section.
One other thing: What do you need from ME? What would you like to hear on the show? How can it improve? What does the show need MORE of? LESS of? What topics should we explore? Who have been your favorite guests? Leave your comments in the section below.