Manage episode 229668937 series 2495065
Landscape/Adventure Photographer Erin Babnik again joins The PhotoTellers to discuss one of her favorite topics--COMPOSITION. Regarding composition: Is the landscape photographer primarily at the whim of luck, or timing, or serendipity? Or are there more deliberate mental tools that he/she can wield to create works of art with strong composition?
That's the topic of today's conversation. While you're listening, you'll hear the one word that Erin calls the "guiding light and essential goal of composition."
What else do we discuss?
- Her mindset when she approaches a new subject
- Composition Hierarchy
- How landscape photographers are changing the art of photography--and the debate they're causing
- Why people are calling her talks on composition "inspirational"
- WHEN composition happens, and honing our visual literacy
- How composition creates forced perspective and bestows meaning
- Erin's goal in her work--not simply the creation of beautiful art
- How you can benefit from the education from the Photo Cascadia members
As we conclude, you'll hear Erin's encouragement to the Photographer who doesn't feel like he/she is advancing like they "should."
Wanna learn more? Find Erin's website HERE.
Click HERE to look at the work of Photo Cascadia.
Find Erin's previous conversation on The PhotoTellers HERE.
Erin Babnik is a full-time adventure landscape photographer, photography educator, writer, and speaker. She is known for her ambitious images, for her adventurous approach in the field, and for her thought-provoking writing and speaking. Her dedication to outdoor photography evolved out of her years working as an art historian, photographing at archaeological sites and in museums for the purposes of teaching and research. She subsequently spent years producing photographs on assignment before transitioning to her specialty of wilderness photography and teaching photography workshops worldwide.
165 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 30 mins duration .