Manage episode 229932099 series 1342562
The formation of Bangladesh was neither inevitable nor a bilateral matter between India and Pakistan. Historian Srinath Raghavan joins Amit Varma in episode 113 of The Seen and the Unseen to describe the geopolitical forces that shaped those events of 1971.
Also check out:
- 1971: A Global History of the Creation of Bangladesh -- Srinath Raghavan
- The Blood Telegram -- Gary Bass
- Uncle Sam in South Asia -- episode 93 of The Seen and the Unseen, with Srinath Raghavan
- Understanding the India-Pakistan Conflict - episode 111 of The Seen and the Unseen, with Srinath Raghavan
- The formation of the Mujibnagar interim government
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's speech at the UN
131 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 85 mins duration .