The Vacation Rental Success Podcast: Property Management | Marketing | Passive Income | Heather Bayer
VRS093 – What’s Going On With Trip Advisor with Amy Hinote
Archived series ("Inactive feed" status)
When? This feed was archived on August 25, 2016 08:03 (). Last successful fetch was on May 11, 2016 13:40 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 104215360 series 45322
On August 15th, an open letter was delivered to the CEO of Trip Advisor, Steve Kaufman, outlining a multitude of issues property managers were experiencing with the Flipkey/TA platform.
Endorsed by over 100 vacation rental managers the letter covered 5 areas managers were struggling with:
- Technical issues of inaccurate listings, non-functioning API feeds, expired listings not being removed etc.
- Lack of prioritization or follow-up on technical support requests
- Inconsistencies in customer account management & general communications
- Lack of commission parity between VRMs and RBOs
- Policies for vacation rental listings inconsistent with TA philosophy
VRM Intel founder Amy Hinote has been witnessing the groundswell of dissatisfaction with Trip Advisor over the past few months and with the publication of a series of articles addressing the problems, brought it to the forefront of our attention.
In this interview Amy shares her thoughts on the problems managers are experiencing, why they have occurred and what TA will have to do to resolve them….if they want to that is….
- What’s trending in the vacation rental industry
- How regulations, new technology and the evolution of OTAs are impacting our business.
- How Flipkey evolved into a Trip Advisor company
- The difference in treatment of vacation rentals vs hotels, attractions and restaurants
- Whether TAs corporate direction is favourable to vacation rental managers and owners
- What benefits TA might gain from chasing an Airbnb model that seems to encourage regulatory issues.
…..And much more
Where you can find Amy: