Manage episode 197817429 series 166377
In this episode I interview Marla Rose, an award-nominated journalist, columnist and author from creative agency Vegan Street Media in Chicago.
Since 1995, Marla has dedicated her life to building vegan culture and community. In addition to writing most of the content and managing social media for the Vegan Street website, including a variety of creative and informative memes, she is the co-founder of the annual free vegan festival Chicago VeganMania, which is now in its 10th year.
For the past several years, she has been writing feature stories for magazines, including VegNews, and her popular blog Vegan Feminist Agitator.
In 2015, Marla and her husband John Beske, a graphic designer, created Vegan Street Media, a creative agency dedicated to bringing the most effective, professional and unforgettable communications to vegan businesses, services, product lines and non-profits. The agency helps clients with logos, packaging, campaigns, promotions, branding, social media, web development and consulting.
Marla is also the author of several books, including the new cookbook and guidebook, Fun, Festive and Fabulous: Vegan Holidays for Everyone.
In this episode Marla talks about:
• How she and her husband turned their skills and passions into a successful business
• One of the key mistakes vegan businesses make in regards to treating their customers
• The quote from the Grateful Dead that informs her strong personal brand, and the importance of finding your voice
• How the power of being part of a community has resulted in regular business for Vegan Street Media
• The importance of using your personal profile and presence on social media to complement content you share as a brand
• Why she no longer uses any images in her content that are not created by her agency
• And much more
Visit the Vegan Street Media website
Check out the Vegan Street website
Find out more about Chicago VeganMania Festival
Read Marla Rose’s blog Vegan Feminist Agitator
Buy Marla Rose’s latest book Fun, Festive & Fabulous: Vegan Holidays for Everyone
Brands mentioned in vegan business news roundup:
Follow Vegan Business Media on:
Connect with me personally at: