Manage episode 242828597 series 2284385
Janet Fanaki created Resilient People, Stories to Inspire while caring for her husband who was diagnosed with an aggressive form of Brain Cancer in 2016.
During our conversation we discussed:
- How she came up with the idea for Resilient People.
- Why building a community has benefited her.
- How her husband came to be diagnosed with Glioblastoma and the treatment that was prescribed for him.
- The current state of her husband's health.
- How she finds the stories to profile on Resilient People.
- The story of Jason Fiorotto, who founded the Tory Day Fund in memory of his wife who passed away from Breast Cancer.
- What she's learned from the Resilient People project.
- The story of the 90 year-old Holocaust survivor profiled on her site.
Links Mentioned In the WE Have Cancer Podcast
Resilient People - http://www.resilientpeople.ca/
Resilient People on Instagram - https://instagram.com/resilientpeopleca
Resilient People on Twitter - https://twitter.com/resilientpeopl
Resilient People on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/resilientpeopleca/
The Tory Day Fund - http://www.toryday.org/
WE Have Cancer Links
Subscribe to the show - https://pod.link/wehavecancer
Follow WE Have Cancer on Social Media
Like our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/wehavecancershow/
Join our private Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wehavecancershow/
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on Instagram - https://instagram.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on LinkedIn - https://linkedin.com/company/wehavecancer
Know someone touched by cancer who has an inspiring story?
Nominate a guest to appear on the podcast - https://wehavecancershow.com/guest