Manage episode 244162380 series 67443
Today on the show I'm joined by New York bow hunter Jesse Coots to discuss the importance of being what he calls a “freestyle deer hunter" when targeting big old whitetail bucks.
- A few thoughts on establishing personal hunting goals
- Hunting your own hunt
- What it means to be a "freestyle deer hunter"
- Properly matching tactics to region and circumstances
- The importance of putting yourself in new situations and hunting locations
- How the hunters you surround yourself with can impact your hunting success
- How to hunt October bucks in an area like New York VS Kansas VS Ohio
- The importance of long-range glassing and scouting
- How to hunt a deer from the outside in
- Decoying whitetail bucks on the ground
- Balancing family and hunting
Connect with Mark Kenyon and MeatEater
Shop MeatEater Merch