Manage episode 181506987 series 1430551
In this episode of the podcast, Matt and Marilyn discuss a 3-day excursion to Budapest, Hungary. They talk about all of the sights, food, and experiences they had there. They specifically talk about:
- Their AirBNB experience
- Szimpla Kert, a famous ruin bar in Budapest
- What the heck a "ruin bar" is and why it's worth a visit
- Kiraly street, a popular street
- Hősök tere or Heroes' Square
- City Park, including Vajdahunyad Castle and Széchenyi Thermal Bath
- Why the thermal bath was absolutely amazing and one of their favorite parts about their stay in Budapest
- A couple of the best pastrami sandwiches
- Deák Ferenc Tér Square and its ferris wheel cleverly named"Budapest Eye"
- The nightlife scene at Deák Ferenc Tér Square and how they partook in it
- Chain Bridge and Buda Castle and its grounds with a cool market that sold tons of stuff, from food and drinks to jewelry and fur carpets!
- The Fisherman's Bastion and why it is one of the absolute best places to visit in Budapest
- Tram #2 and what you can see from there, which includes the majestic and massive Parliament Building
- The best restaurant to try on Kiraly street!
And so much, much more!
Be sure to check out the blog post, which contains lots of information forgotten during the podcast, plus loads of pictures and videos!
Also be sure to check out the video on Budapest, which includes tons of great shots of all the places mentioned in the episode!
Thank you so much for listening! Cheers and happy travels!
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 47 mins duration .