Manage episode 239398605 series 1967725
Today’s guest is Danielle Desir. She’s a travel finance strategist, writer, speaker and the founder of The Thought Card, an award-winning travel finance blog and podcast empowering you to make informed financial decisions - travel more, pay off debt and build wealth.
Growing up in a Haitian family, Danielle learned great savings habits. She even had her first retirement plan setup at the age of 15. But, life happened and she ended up with a graduate degree and a large amount of student loans. With a few strategic decisions and sticking to a financial plan, Danielle paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years and purchased her first home at the age of 27!.
She has also traveled to 26 countries and 3 continents. She strongly believes in not letting your financial responsibilities hold you back from pursuing your dreams.
Here are a few things that Danielle shares in this episode:
- The importance of delayed gratification in helping you achieve your financial goals
- The two strategies that she used in order to payoff her student loans so fast. And Lauryn shares a little about financial psychology and how it helps you reach your goals.
- The surprising thing that she had to give up in order to reach her financial goals
- A few things to remember when purchasing a house
- How she enjoys travel by automating her travel budget
If you want to connect with Danielle, you can find her at the following places:
Blog - Thought Card
Podcast - https://podcast.thoughtcard.com/
Social Media - @thethoughtcard
If you’re looking for more information on how a financial planner can help you with your finances, schedule a FREE call with Lauryn Williams to get started.