Manage episode 122628302 series 118186
was today really a good day? did the gays really win?
today we had a ruling that will forever change the landscape of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. in this episode we talk about today’s ruling and what we should be bracing for in the future. sanctity of marriage hasn’t always been a government thing, it’s been a religious thing but now there’s a difference between holy matrimony and the union of marriage because the government approves of someone’s humanity.
it’s about having the right kind of conversation. are we celebrating victims or an act that should never have been an issue in the first place? love didn’t win today; the law won. the greatest strength we can take from this is to learn to love and move forward by starting a conversation.
links to check out:
- historical event of allowing same sex marriage in all states
- interracial marriages illegal until last law absolved in 1967
- united states declaration of independence that “all men are created equal”
- A HUMAN PROJECT podcast 2014 convo stopping the hate between christians and gays
- A HUMAN PROJECT podcast on developing until we’re 25
- A HUMAN PROJECT podcast about turning boys into men and the castration of the american male
- A HUMAN PROJECT podcast with kris vallotton
- modules from superhuman.life