Manage episode 221642303 series 1968007
Today's guest is very fitting for our 23rd episode, since she is arguably the Michael Jordan of backpacking. In a world where setting just one FKT (fastest known time) is a lifetime achievement, Heather "Anish" Anderson has set the self-supported FKT on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and Arizona Trail. She is also in a small, exclusive club of triple triple crowners- those who've hiked each of the triple crown trails three times each. And most recently, she became the newest member of the Calendar Triple club, to hike all three triple crown trails in a single calendar year. And this is just the tip of her backpacking resume iceberg. In other words, Anish is the GOAT, and we were blessed to borrow a few minutes of her time to talk about her current 8,000 mile journey. Additionally, we get into a bit of Trek propaganda, get into the 2nd edition of Patent Pending, and we hear from friend of the show Steven "Twinkle" Shattuck, as he dirtbags across the globe with his wife.
Subjects discussed in today's show include:
- New Sponsor: Gossamer Gear. Use coupon code TREK15 at checkout to save 15% at GossamgerGear.com
- Sawyer Micro Squeeze Filter
- Sawyer Micro Squeeze vs Sawyer Squeeze Filter Comparison Video
- Michael Jordan Episode
- The Grayson Highland's Wild Ponies aren't so "Wild"
- 21 Fascinating Appalachian Trail Facts
- Heather "Anish" Anderson
- FKT = fastest known time- jargon for speed record
- Calendar Triple
- Therm-a-Rest NeoAir UberLite vs. Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xlite
- Patent Pending
- Steven Twinkle Shattuck on Episode 6
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to email@example.com.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Sawyer Products and Tama Lama Ding Dong.
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Randy Harter, Clint "DuctTape" Sherbet, and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 94 mins duration .