Manage episode 213033106 series 83575
It takes a long, long time to become successful in real estate and financially free — doesn’t it? Well, not according to the power couple on today’s show! In this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Utah’s Jason and Carrie Harris, who have built a sizable portfolio of more than seventy rental units over the past few years. These two have used a variety of creative financing strategies, and the lessons and stories they share are sure to inspire and educate you! Be sure to listen for the story of how they bought a four-plex for no money down, put $3,000 into it, and later made $186,000 in profit from that one deal. It’s unbelievable!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Why real estate?
- Their first deal
- How they bought a four-plex and house-hacked it
- How they finance their deals
- Working their way with the bank
- Their current number of doors
- Commercial financing, residential financing, and partnerships
- Analysing multiple properties
- A deep dive on a deal
- Raising the rent and without losing tenants
- Lessons learned from an amazing deal
- Buying properties with no money down
- Upselling to their clients
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Events
- For Those Who Struggle Financially (Video)
- The Secret to Unlocking Bank Financing (PDF)
- Be a Podcast Guest!
- Brandon’s Instagram
- David’s Instagram
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Book on Investing with Low or No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- Investing in Duplexes, Triplexes, and Quads by Larry Loftis
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- The E-Myth Real Estate Investor by Michael E. Gerber
Fire Round Questions
- What brings more value, an extra bedroom or a garage space?
- What type of flooring do you use in your rentals, do you use carpet?
- What are your thoughts on investing in a property located in a flood zone?
- Curious to know if there are any good loan options (other than hard or private) that self employed people can use with little to no taxable income
- “We didn’t have a lot of money so we had to find ways to be creative.” (Tweet This!)
- “You find a good enough deal, the money’s going to be there.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s a way there’s a solution. You have to make it work.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Jason and Carrie
715 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 78 mins duration .