Manage episode 193659891 series 1026366
This episode is sponsored by Colorist Society International and Mixinglight.com.
On this episode of the Colorist Podcast, we take a look back at 2017. So much has happened this past year in the world of the colorist. Blackmagic unveiled two new affordable panels, as well as releasing Resolve 14. Filmlight continues to innovate, and shipped version 5 of Baselight. UHD and HDR are gaining wide adoption, with new content being available every day.
I recently had the opportunity to go back and review every podcast from this past year. I couldn’t believe all the talented people that made time to sit and talk with me. Colorists that worked on films from Lord of the Rings to Saving Private Ryan, TV shows NCIS Los Angeles and Planet Earth II, and commercials for Coca-Cola and Levi’s. We delved into many different topics, like collaborating with DP’s, working in foreign countries, and emerging technologies like HDR.
In this podcast, I’ve included some of my favorite insights from 2017:
- Peter Doyle: Working on films that vary visually and conceptually
- Dave Abrams: HDR and it’s effect on calibration
- Warren Eagles: Film stocks and how they relate to digital cameras today
- Bob Festa: Working with clients and getting them to come back for more
- Alexis Van Hurkman: Techniques for working with HDR
- Dale Grahn: Developing looks for The Ring and Saving Private Ryan
- Juan Cabrera: Collaborating with Directors and DP’s in the suite
- Adam Inglis: Working with nature footage in Planet Earth II
- Patrick Woodard: Being flexible and working efficiently in television
- Vanessa Taylor: Working in a foreign country and overcoming language barriers
This episode is sponsored by:
Colorist Society International
For more information on how you can become a member, visit, www.coloristsociety.com.
Use the coupon code “josh15” for 15% off the first term of any Premium Color library subscription.
23 episodes available. A new episode about every 30 days averaging 39 mins duration .