Archive this series
Rob and Jason are joined by Robert Ramey to discuss his Safe Numerics library and the process of submitting libraries to both Boost and the C++ Standards Committee.
Robert Ramey is a freelance C++ programmer for around 20 years. He has worked on a variety of applications including desktop retail applications, embedded systems on tiny micro controllers and combinations of these. For the last 10 of those years he has been active in the Boost Organization and
- Author and Maintainer of the Boost Serialization library
- Instigator of the Boost Library Incubator (www.blincubator.com)
- Given talks on Boost/C++ related topics at C++Now and CPPCon
- Written articles in print periodicals such as Software Development and ACCU Overload
Of late his interest has become more focused on practical approaches to improving program correctness. This has motivated recent talks at CPP Con ( boost units library, C++ and abstract algebra) and most recently the Safe Numerics library - which has very recently been accepted as an official Boost Library.News
- Does const mean thread-safe?
- Meeting C++ Live: Multithreading with Rainer Grimm
- Implementation Challenge flag_set: Type-safe hard to misuse bitmask
- Programmers: Stop Calling Yourselves Engineers
119 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 52 mins duration .