Manage episode 181133316 series 32120
This is a good opportunity to thank all of you for listening to us and for supporting us with your comments, ideas and suggestions. It is also a good opportunity to thank all of our guests for making this show possible and donating their time to us.
In this episode we review some of the most successful episodes, talk about the major categories of episodes, and recollect some funny moments from recording the show. We also have a surprise segment where we reveal the “behind the scenes” of Data Stories.
For this special occasion we also prepared a first version of the Data Stories Dataset, a dataset with information extracted from Data Stories that you can use to create interesting visualizations. Let us know if you make something out of it!
Finally, don’t forget our crowdfunding initiative! You can support us on Patreon by pledging a fee for every episode we publish. We’re counting on you to switch to this crowdfunding model next month.
All the best!
1. Welcome to the Data Stories 100th episode!! (00:00:30)
2. The first Data Stories episode (00:02:52)
3. Our ten most popular episodes (00:03:44)
4. Funny stories and blooper moments from the past 100 episodes (00:19:09)
5. Help us clean and visualize the Data Stories archive! (00:26:40)
6. Episodes on art and design (00:29:07)
7. Episodes on data conferences (00:31:01)
8. Episodes on data journalism (00:33:49)
9. Episodes on the data visualization industry (00:36:08)
10. Episodes on learning and teaching data viz (00:38:04)
11. Episodes on data viz techniques and tools (00:40:50)
12. Episodes critiquing data viz (00:41:41)
13. Behind the scenes! (00:44:17)
14. Our producer: Destry Sibley (00:44:57)
15. Our audio engineer: Florian Woehrl (00:45:34)
16. Preparing the recording (00:47:19)
17. The famous clap! (00:50:12)
18. Recording the episode! (00:52:16)
19. Post production (00:53:01)
20. Uploading the episode! (00:56:43)
21. What can go wrong during recording? (00:57:30)
22. Preparing the blog post and promoting the episode! (01:00:10)
23. Florian's favourite episodes! (01:03:38)
24. Destry's favourite episodes! (01:05:08)
25. How Data Stories changed over the years! (01:06:14)
26. Thanks Destry and Florian! (01:09:57)
27. Moritz's big picture reflections (01:12:15)
28. Moritz's upcoming projects (01:17:09)
29. Enrico's big picture reflections (01:18:20)
30. The need to incorporate data visualization in product design (01:25:51)
31. Shout-outs to other podcasts (01:27:33)
32. How to start your own podcast (01:30:15)
33. Predictions for the future of data viz (01:30:57)
34. Explaining the Data Stories Patreon campaign (01:34:11)
35. Thanks to all! (01:41:06)
147 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 47 mins duration .