Manage episode 171846043 series 32120
[Help us become a crowdfunded podcast! Go to our Patreon homepage to become a Data Stories patron. Pledging starts at $3 per episode. And thanks!]
In this episode we have on a nice trio of Italian visualizers — Michele Mauri (Density Design), Giorgio Uboldi (Calibro), and Giorgio Caviglia (Trifacta) — to talk about RAW, the data visualization tool they built to help people visualize data interactively.
RAW is a very nice web-based and open-source data visualization tool that permits users to easily create charts without coding and to export them as vector graphics for further editing in external tools.
On the show we talk about why the team decided to develop RAW, how they got started, how they evolved RAW over time, the lessons they’ve learned, and their future plans.
Enjoy the show!
Data Stories is brought to you by Qlik. Are you missing out on meaningful relationships hidden in your data? Unlock the whole story with Qlik Sense through personalized visualizations and dynamic dashboards which you can download for free at qlik.de/datastories.
- RAW: http://rawgraphs.io/
- Michele Mauri: http://www.densitydesign.org/person/michele-mauri/
- Giorgio Uboldi: http://calib.ro/
- Giorgio Caviglia: http://giorgiocaviglia.com/
- Pure JS: http://purejs.org/
- Angular JS: https://angularjs.org/
- D3 JS: https://d3js.org/
- Contactlab: http://contactlab.com/en/
1. Our sponsor: Qlik (00:00:07)
2. Welcome from Enrico and Moritz (00:00:30)
3. Thank you to our patrons! And please help us make our goal! (00:02:03)
4. Our three guests from RAW (00:03:10)
5. Michele Mauri (00:04:05)
6. Giorgio Uboldi (00:04:25)
7. Giorgio Caviglia (00:04:56)
8. Introducing RAW (00:05:28)
9. The origin story of RAW (00:08:00)
10. The "geeky stuff" behind RAW: tools and tech (00:12:48)
11. Making custom charts (00:17:14)
12. Lessons learned from developing RAW (00:19:47)
13. What's next for RAW? (00:24:32)
14. Get in touch & back us on Patreon (00:30:14)
15. Our sponsor: Qlik (00:31:48)
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 46 mins duration .