Manage episode 216664831 series 32120
We have Nathan Yau with us on the show to talk about his mythical FlowingData blog. Nathan was one of the first people to write a blog about data and visualization, and he is one of the very few who continues to blog virtually every day after more than ten years.
If you want to know what has happened lately in visualization, you can’t go wrong by visiting his site. It’s very comprehensive and never misses a beat.
On the show, we talk about how and why Nathan started FlowingData, the evolution of the blog and visualization over the years, his data visualization projects and membership program, and the secret “sauce” behind his persistence!
Enjoy the show!
1. Welcome to Data Stories! (00:00:24)
2. Data Stories is listener-supported: please consider supporting us! (00:00:49)
3. Updates from Enrico and Moritz (00:01:32)
4. Mark your calendar for a Data Stories hangout in Berlin on Oct 22 (00:02:46)
5. Introducing this week's special guest: statistician Nathan Yau and his blog Flowing Data (00:03:12)
6. Getting to know Flowing Data (00:06:45)
7. Nathan's secret formular: fun (00:09:02)
8. The big take: where data viz has come and where it is going (00:16:55)
9. Nathan on the quantified self (00:23:29)
10. Questions from listeners (00:26:26)
11. Advice for people new to the data viz field (00:33:46)
12. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:35:58)
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 46 mins duration .