158: In 2009, started a business to help people share their stories through publishing & speaking. Also owned a publishing company, helping people write, publish & market a book to build credibility. With 15 FTEs over 2 businesses. (Michelle Prince)
Manage episode 307380847 series 2710338
In this episode, I interview Michelle Prince, a best-selling author, motivational speaker, CEO, and Founder of Performance Publishing Group, a “partner” publishing company of Michelle Prince, helping leaders impact the world, using the strengths and talents already within them to create an extraordinary life and exponentially grow their business.
Driven by her passion, Michelle started a business in 2009 that helps people communicate their stories through publishing and speaking. She also owned a publishing company, running the two businesses together to provide top-quality, comprehensive book publishing services for soon-to-be authors. Michelle helped thousands of professionals around the world become published authors through her consulting, courses, seminars, and done-for-you publishing services.
Michelle says the hardest thing in growing a small business is evaluating what's working and what's not working and letting go of something that you've put a lot of effort in. However, she also stated that issues are always part of business and what’s important is how you deal with them.
This Cast Covers:
- Helping people communicate their stories through publishing and speaking.
- Helping leaders impact the world, using the strengths and talents already within them to create an extraordinary life and exponentially grow their business.
- How passion helps people find their purpose in life and make it astonishing.
- A best-selling author and sought-after motivational speaker who is passionate about helping people find their purpose, follow their passion & share their stories so they can make a difference in this world.
- Learning to let others who are professionals have control of creating systems for business growth.
- Started things based on passion and grew the business by doing less and having balance.
- The importance of setting boundaries in achieving work-life balance.
- How publishing a book serves as a great marketing tool to showcase products and services.
- Emphasizing the advantages of creating and publishing a book and how it increases credibility.
- The importance for business owners to learn to treat people the way they wanted to be treated and put value to help them grow.
- Michelle Prince
- Performance Publishing Group
- The E Myth By Michael Gerber
- Busy Being Busy By Michelle Prince
“Just because it works for someone else, does not mean it's the best thing for you and for your business.” —Michelle Prince
“It’s nice to see people grow and have confidence in what they're doing.” —Michelle Prince
“You have to put value and you have to make other people invest in themselves in order to grow.” —Michelle Prince
“Identify your golden hours, figure it out and protect those hours.” —Michelle Prince
“Setting boundaries is the key in handling balance.” —Michelle Prince