Manage episode 218719505 series 2281068
- Make a Diagnosis: Diagnose why people stay and why they leave. It’s important to have data to help truly understand the reality in your organization and stop relying on guesswork. There are so many different tools out there to help you gain that data and understanding.
- Beef Up Your HR Team: Don’t skimp on your HR team. Also, make sure they have a seat at the executive table. Think about it. Most executives agree working on turnover should be one of the top priorities in any organization. If that’s the case, we need to treat the workforce who manages this with super high priority as well
- Get to Know Your People: Try to understand the reality of the team members you’re leading and managing. One of the greatest training topics for your leaders should be helping them understand how to connect. Truly connecting with direct reports means building relationships and learning to listen and really understand what they need. Doing this effectively can help bring programs and solutions to life based on the needs of your individual workforce.
- Focus on High-Risk Employees: Turnover is especially prevalent among new hires. Knowing this, it’s essential to ensure your onboarding is constantly being innovated on. You should be clear in your expectations from the beginning and help new hires find a mentor to help them through the process. Consider giving tours so every new employee is crystal clear on how the organization works, who is who, and how to communicate with all of the different levels in the organization.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Custom Concrete - Custom Concrete has been creating foundations for the finest homes, commercial buildings and industrial facilities throughout Central Indiana since 1969. Builders, contractors, and homeowners rely on our expertise because so much depends on getting it right. Our knowledge and control of all aspects of the job, from excavation to waterproofing to backfill, means that extra value is built into every project. Codes don’t drive our business, excellence does.
- Emplify - Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.
68 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 23 mins duration .