Manage episode 240155085 series 1208978
Today’s show is going to be about whole-body wellness. I think a lot of what my audience struggles with and what we talk about on the podcasts is the negative loop of being everything for everyone else, and not being able to be anything towards ourselves. The cycle of wanting to give outwardly but not knowing how to give inwardly when we’re called to serve.
My guest today is Diana Rudolph, a self-described “health educator”, and she is a sponsor for the upcoming Shine Retreat. She is an exceptional woman, and I relate to her on so many levels, and learn so much from her.
Join us as we discuss listening to our body’s cues for help, discerning how we need to address it, and actually making that time for ourselves. You’ll also hear about historical and modern uses of essential oils.
Diana is a dōTERRA Essential Oils independent consultant, expert in wellness and health, a wife, mom of 3 kids, a busy professional who’s passionate about empowering people to value their health through holistic and active living. She’s been involved in health and fitness for the last 17 years, serving as an Adjunct Professor of Kinesiology at Azusa Pacific University, a certified fitness trainer and health educator, and an essential oil educator. Diana holds a Master’s Degree in Public Health, a Master’s Degree in Education, and has developed a variety of health promotion and prevention programs designed to combat childhood obesity. She loves teaching about essential oils and other natural solutions to promote overall wellness.
- Many times, the version of health we see is what the scale says, or how we look on the outside.
- One of the biggest barriers of women taking care of themselves, is time.
- Women are natural caretakers. We are so quick to give and serve, and it’s easy to forget to give to yourself.
- When you’re running on low, you're not able to give your fullest.
- Instead of taking an hour to exercise, it might be easier to separate it into 4, 15-minute chunks of time.
- Anna shares a personal experience from when her twins were born. She was exercising without realizing it because she thought she was just feeding her soul.
- Discerning what we need, and spending time on things that feeds us, rather than depletes us.
- Slowing down enough so we can answer those questions.
- When we neglect our health, it sabotages the bigger dreams we have for ourselves.
- Diana recalls her struggles as she was finishing her degree with a young family at home.
- Diana enjoys journaling, and likens it to a detox. She can review her written thoughts and find ways to balance her life.
- Listening to your body’s red flags and signals.
- When our heart is hurting when we’ve been through some emotional trauma, our body can respond negatively, as well.
- Discerning what part of yourself needs help (body/mind/soul). This will look different for everyone.
- Diana addresses essential oils, natural solutions, and alternative health care, and using nature to help our health in so many ways.
- There is true, evidenced-based research on this, as well as historical uses, as Diana reveals.
- Essential oils are very easy to use, and address many issues, but they are not a cure-all. You still need to look at nutritional background and other factors, as well.
- People start doing these little drops every night and they start noticing significant differences and positive changes, and they’ll want to know what else is available.This is often an introduction to a “health prevention method” and opens their mindset to other health tools, Diana finds.
- Diana and Anna share how essential oils and other alternative solutions can be complementary to western medicine.
Her Life Unscripted Facebook Page, give it a LIKE!
Special Invitation: Shine Retreat is coming up September 27th - 29th, 2019!!
Registration at: https://www.shineretreatforwomen.com/
Email me at info@ShineRetreatforWomen.com to receive a $50 discount code off registration.
You can also reach me at email@example.com.
“Shine Retreat” is limited to 40 women.
Follow Diana on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/dianarudulph/
Diana’s doTERRA link: http://my.doterra.com//dianarudulph
Live and virtual lessons!