Season 4 Episode 6: Lamaze International: Yesterday, Today, and the Future with Christen Sadler of Lamaze
Manage episode 276393394 series 2087473
Listen as Christen Sadler, Immediate Past President of Lamaze, tells us more about Lamaze’s beginnings, how they have grown, and where the future may be taking them. Christen shares ways the organization advances their mission: “Advancing Safe & Healthy Birth for Everyone, Everywhere.” Learn more about Lamaze’s current projects, including research and advocacy to help not only the educators but also parents in this country and others.
A Registered Nurse for over 25 years, Christen Sadler’s experience spans multiple specialty areas including gerontology, med/surg, women’s health, and community health, as well as nursing education. She has worked in various capacities in Africa, South America, and the Southern United States. Currently she is a student in the PhD program at Texas Women’s University. In fall of 2020, she will join the faculty at the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Nursing as an Assistant Professor. Additionally, she teaches as an adjunct professor at the University of St. Thomas. She is immediate past president of Lamaze International and teaches private Lamaze classes.
Listen and Learn:
- About advancing safe and healthy pregnancy, birth, and early parenting through evidence-based education and advocacy
- How birth is a transformative experience for birthing families, whether it is positive or negative
- How the annual Advocacy Summit transformed into two town halls & a series of webinars explore virtual teaching, small business loans, equity in maternal mortality, and for incarcerated women and other important topics for educators
- What new efforts are in place to increase childbirth education internationally
- How you can promote the mission by joining one of the committees, such as Research, Equity and Diversity, Outreach, or Advocacy
Resources & Mentions
Related Products from InJoy