Manage episode 231295368 series 93829
People always have questions and worries with regards to safety in South Korea or regards to safety when teaching for a year in South Korea. How safe is living in South Korea?
Special guest Saber Lane joins the podcast to discuss with Scott, Adam, and Marco each of their concerns before moving to South Korea, how safe they each feel living in Korea, living next door to North Korea, precautions they take living here, and some unsafe issues they've each experienced while living here. It’s all about
SAFETY in Korea on this episode of K-PoD!
- 02:20 Adam remembers his concerns with moving to South Korea before he first came to Korea based on his brother’s advice.
- 03:09 Marco gives his thoughts on any worries he had before moving to South Korea.
- 04:24 Saber gives her concerns with regards to moving to South Korea before moving here and her family concerns as well.
- 06:10 Scott gives a story regarding a murder in South Korea that he heard about before moving to South Korea and some of his concerns before moving here.
- 07:35 Adam talks about his family concerns with North Korea.
- 08:06 Saber gives her concerns with North Korea along with the rest of the hosts, including Marco’s trip to the DMZ and only being worried about North Korea when South Koreans seemed worried.
- 10:05 Scott talks about all the North Korea events that have gone and passed while he has lived in South Korea.
- 11:40 Is North Korea the biggest safety concern with us and foreigners in general.
- 12:40 Everyone talks about the honor system in Korea.
- 14:04 Scott gives a story with regards to his first trip to a police station in South Korea and why!
- 16:00 Scott gives another story about his house being broken into and having items being taken from his home..
- 20:40 Saber expresses some of her concerns or worries regarding safety walking around in the streets or heading home at night and being confused as a Russian escort.
- 22:30 Saber talks about taking taxis late at night, if she is ever worried about taxi drivers, and her experiences in night clubs and booking.
- 23:45 Adam brings up CCTV in Korea, how it’s everywhere and how it makes things safer.
- 24:48 Marco gives his thoughts on if South Korea is safer than his home back in the United States.
- 25:50 Saber lets us know if she feels safer in Korea than back home in Texas, USA..
- 26:25 Both Adam and Scott sum up if they feel safer in South Korea compared to Canada.
HOSTS Scott Scott is one of the original hosts of K-PoD (formally The Changwoner Podcast) and also the founder and producer of the show. He is also the founder of Changwoner Entertainment. He is from Newfoundland, Canada and has been living in Changwon, South Korea for almost 17 years. - https://goo.gl/VTk37j - https://goo.gl/qJv8ZX Adam Adam is one of the hosts of K-PoD. He started as a host last season in 2018. Adam is from Ontario, Canada and has lived in Changwon City, South Korea for 8 years. - https://goo.gl/UuKwLh - https://goo.gl/DHJ2Gt Marco Marco is now one of the new hosts of K-PoD. Marco is from Columbus, OH, United States and has lived in Changwon City, South Korea for almost 3 years. - https://goo.gl/ZCX9Qe - https://goo.gl/w2G95c - https://kpop.global Paul Paul is one of the original hosts and founders of K-PoD (The Changwoner). Paul is originally from England and he currently continues to live in Changwon City where he has lived for the past 16 years. - https://goo.gl/JGbYLA - https://goo.gl/1nrmQq
Listen and Subscribe on....
If you would like to be a guest on K-PoD: Life In Korea, or have any questions for the show or regarding South Korea, or have something you'd like to promote, please contact us at email@example.com
#iskoreasafe #safetyinkorea #livinginkorea #koreansafety #northkorea #southkorea #korea #safetyissuesinkorea #safetyissues #korealife #podcast #podcastkorea #kpod #changwoner #lifeinkorea
73 episodes available. A new episode about every 25 days averaging 54 mins duration .