Manage episode 223294646 series 1610591
Life in Norway Show Episode 17: Hallo Norge! From Cairo to Oslo
A look at the challenges in adjusting to life in Norway with the Egyptian host of the Hallo Norge podcast.
Full show notes: https://www.lifeinnorway.net/episode17/
For episode 17 of the Life in Norway Show I'm joined by Mariam Kirollos, host of the Norwegian language Hallo Norge podcast that introduces Norway to new arrivals.
Mariam moved to Norway with her Norwegian husband and works for Save the Children Norway in addition to her work on the podcast.
Some of the topics we cover on the show include:
- What the differences are between life in Egypt and Scandinavia
- What the podcast is about and how it came to be
- Her favourite interviews from the show
- How Mariam was able to quickly pick up the Norwegian language
- How she was able to find a job in Oslo
- If there is an Egyptian expat community in Norway
- What Norwegians ask Mariam about Egypt
- Mariam's tips for things to do in Oslo
30 episodes available. A new episode about every 20 days averaging 32 mins duration .