Archive this series
"Busy isn't productive. Your 'to do list' isn't most important. The list of commitments you actually honor is."
Today I get to introduce you to the business coach who I began working with 10 years ago when I transitioned from real estate + construction into speaking + writing.
Edie Varley has an undeniable energy that will absolutely captivate you. Get ready to recalibrate what is truly important in your life, relationships and business from my business coach and friend.
- Be your best; not the best, your best. Because with that mindset, you are improving.
- You never have to apologize at your best. It means you've prepared, planned and executed.
- Live up to the fullness of your promise.
- Busy isn't productive. It isn't the 'to do' list that is important. It's the list of commitments that you actually honor.
- The root of all conflict is unmet expectations. Rarely do we ask, "What do you expect in this relationship?" But we should, so we can agree to it.
- Whats so horrible about your mind being changed?
- When you love yourself, you can love others where they are.
- If I could offer a prescription: Be quiet. Listen. Focus on the good.
- Look for the good and report it repeatedly. Repetition is the father of knowledge. Ask: What is the best thing that happened to you today?
- There is no energy in "Have to" use "Want to." Ex. I want to pick my kids up, turn off the radio, get off the phone, listen.
- People share a lot when they feel safe. Be present, quiet to allow this.
- Do I leave people more energized or ill-will and a broken spirit?
- What is the metric for a relationship? Love is the cornerstone. It's a verb. It's what we do for others. That then leads to the emotion.
- When you love yourself, you're able to love others in the season they're in. You accept no responsibility for their choices. THAT is a freedom.
- Where are you going in such a hurry?
- Are you living in purpose?
- Is your measurement your neighbor?
- If you don't like the life you have chosen and are living: Do the hardest thing in the world and change.
- In golf you have a bad shot and you replay it again to learn what went wrong. It's the same when something goes wrong in a relationship; it allows you to take control and not be a pawn on someone else's gameboard.
- What is your behavior looking like?
- What are your words? Words create worlds.
EDIE VARLEY'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Anatomy of the Spirit, Dr. Caroline Myss, PhD.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do? Find some legitimate homes for it, my means are met.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Nothing. They are things, they've brought me joy, but if they go up in smoke, that's okay.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? I'd like to meet Jesus and see how he's seeing that view.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Be at your best. You're expected to live up to the fullness of the promise God has for you.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Strap on, you'r going to have the ride of a lifetime.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? I am blessed.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 48 mins duration .