Manage episode 296539811 series 2789380
One might think user research gets easier when there are more people available to do it; but managing research initiatives at scale can be a difficult task in itself. In this episode, Kara Pernice, Senior VP at NN/g shares her experience and insights about managing UX research operations.
Kara Pernice's Articles and Videos (NN/g bio)
NN/g courses and articles referenced in this episode:
- ResearchOps (UX certification course)
- ResearchOps (article)
- Research Repositories for Tracking UX Research and Growing Your ResearchOps (article)
- Design Systems 101 (article)
- DesignOps (UX certification course)
Research repository tools mentioned:
Other ResearchOps pioneers and communities:
- Kate Towsey's Work (articles on Medium)
- Leveling up your Ops and Research — a strategic look at scaling research and Ops (by Brigette Metzler)
- ResearchOps Community (and Slack channel)
...and if you were curious what research papers launched Kara into her UX career, here are two of them:
- Nielsen, J. (1990). Big paybacks from 'discount' usability engineering. IEEE Software 7, 3 (May), 107-108.
- Nielsen, J. (1992). Finding usability problems through heuristic evaluation. Proc. ACM CHI'92 (Monterey, CA, 3-7 May), 373-380.