Manage episode 217347861 series 2296223
Nicole and Jon dug into people's relationship to advertising/marketing and covered topics like:
- How Jon believes people don't hate advertising, they hate bad advertising.
- Bad advertising = wrong person, wrong time, wrong message
- How great advertising can truly enrich someone's life.
- Some of the best and worst advertising Nicole and Jon have seen in the market today.
- Why search advertising is close to the perfect advertising experience
- Breaking down the opinion some people hold of "advertising doesn't work on me."
- Why it only takes a few bad ads to change your mindset on advertising as a whole.
- It's important to be more than an Excel Wizard.
We think bad advertising comes from marketers forgetting there is a human on both ends of the conversation. Having more empathy for who is seeing the ad, when they are seeing the ad and how the message speaks to them is more important than ever.
Don't get lost in the data all the time. Pick your head up out of the Excel sheet more often and think about the person consuming your advertising.
29 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 28 mins duration .