Manage episode 226614035 series 1394059
In which we discuss the classic holiday film, In Bruges,
along with among other things
- The Belcourt Cinema in Nashville
- Pride and Prejudice and Assassins (a not real thing unfortunately)
- The entirely arbitrary but important seeming distinction between cruelty and meanness
- Titles beginning with prepositions
- The planes of Star Wars
- That one episode of Storyological Past in which we talked about the Daphne du Maurier story, “Don’t Look Now.”
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Love as a recognition of one’s own failings and someone else’s possibility
- Our interview with Amal El-Mohtar
- Innsbruck, a city not in Germany so much as Austria
If you enjoyed this episode, two things.
1) Check out our Patreon page where you can support us in our mission to talk about all of the things about all of the stories. Any pledge gets you access to our patron-only feed wherein stuff. Also. If you pledge $3 a month, you can get Chris' monthly newsletter in which he reviews, more or less, everything.
2) Consider leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps more readers find their way to our sound space. Which is cool.
Thanks for listening.