Manage episode 220480546 series 108532
Welcome back to the Law School Toolbox podcast! Today we're excited to be talking with Vikram Savkar, vice president and general manager of the education and training business for Wolters Kluwer Legal and Regulatory US, one of the largest publishers of legal casebooks, supplements, and other law related materials in the world, about how law school casebooks are changing in the digital era.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How legal casebooks have evolved over the last several years and some of the key features that digital casebooks have introduced to law school learning
- What is the “Google Generation” and how are they learning differently than students did just 10 years ago?
- Given how much everyone is on their devices these days and how “distracted” folks already are, are digital casebooks really a good idea?
- What about reading comprehension – is reading on paper better for comprehension and retention?
- The newest features of Connected Casebook (Wolters Kluwer’s digital casebook platform) and what the future of law school learning looks like
- Teaching the Google Generation (https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/07/26/teaching-google-generation/)
- Casebook Connect (https://www.casebookconnect.com)
- How to Outline with Help From Supplements (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/outline-help-supplements/)
- How to Use Technology in Your Law School Study Group (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/how-to-use-technology-in-your-law-school-study-group/)
- How Visual Learning Tools Can Help You in Law School: An Interview with Sketchy Law (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/how-visual-learning-tools-can-help-you-in-law-school-an-interview-with-sketchylaw/)
- Examples and Explanations (https://www.wklegaledu.com/study-aids/examples-explanations)
Episode Transcript: Download the Transcript (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/LST-Ep-171-Building-21st-Century-Casebook.pdf)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/law-school-toolbox-podcast/id1027603976) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact). If you're concerned about the bar exam, check out our sister site, the Bar Exam Toolbox (http://barexamtoolbox.com/). You can also sign up for our weekly podcast newsletter (https://lawschooltoolbox.com/get-law-school-podcast-updates/) to make sure you never miss an episode!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee
197 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 39 mins duration .