Manage episode 247672551 series 2431059
I have a confession to make to you: I color my hair.
My natural color is dark blonde, so my stylist usually puts in highlights or just a little bit of warmth so it doesn’t look quite so mousy.
When I was about 13, I begged my mom to let me color it. I think at that time the Olsen Twins were popular, and I wanted streaky blonde hair like theirs.
My mom warned me over and over again: once you start coloring your hair, you can’t stop. You’ll be an addict for life.
But you don’t care about that sort of thing when you’re 13, so I eventually wore her down and I got highlights. Almost 15 years later, I’m still coloring my hair.
My mom, as usual, was right.
As business owners we can sometimes view content marketing sort of like coloring our hair. It’s something that we do superficially to look more polished and put together & like we know what we’re doing. But then it becomes this burden or habit that we feel obligated to keep up indefinitely.
Just about every day I hear clients talking about how they feel like they should start a blog, or a podcast, or to launch into a new social media platform. But they end up never starting because (a.) they don’t really want to do it, it’s just something they feel like they “have” to do, or (b.) they’d rather not even start than be inconsistent or feel the pressure of having to show up and create new content every single week.
To address this issue, I reached out to the best expert I know: Content strategist, Dr. Linda Enoh.
Linda helps ambitious female entrepreneurs wear their CEO hats and create a content marketing strategy that works for their own business and personal life. In particular, she helps her clients create, plan, and share consistent content without overwhelm or burnout so they can be visible online, stand as the go-to expert in their field, and have raving dream clients asking to work with them.
Today Linda & I discuss:
1.) Why content marketing is so powerful,
2.) The #1 easiest piece of content to repurpose,
3.) & how to map out a 90-day content calendar in a single weekend!
Here are the highlights of today’s show:
- [5:12] Linda explains why content marketing is so powerful
- [9:22] Linda discusses what sort of intention and purpose you should have behind the content you release
- [12:22] Linda & I discuss what content you should charge for vs. what you should give away
- [14:30] Linda tells us the #1 easiest piece of content to repurpose
- [16:18] She explains how to re-purpose content efficiently
- [16:30] Linda explains whether or not there should be a time delay between releasing the same content on different platforms
- [20:00] Linda walks us through her process for creating a 90-day content calendar