Manage episode 227706271 series 2436788
On the 14th episode of Virtual Stack Podcast, I’m joined by Christoph Buschbeck from VMware and we talk about AppDefense, VMware’s data centre endpoint security solution that embeds threat detection and response into the virtualisation layer. We look into the Enterprise IT Security landscape of today, what’s working well, what can be improved, and why we should be "ensuring good" vs. "chasing bad”.
You can reach out to Christoph via LinkedIn and Twitter (@cbuschbeck).
Hope you enjoy the show. Feel free to share your feedback via Twitter (@egirici), LinkedIn or virtualstack.tech.
- 01:30 - Intro
- 03:30 - AppDefense in a nutshell
- 06:00 - “Goldilocks” zone and what’s not working well on the current Enterprise IT security approach
- 15:00 - AppDefense architecture
- 29:45 - What’s the “manifest file", how does AppDefense capture the intended state of an app?
- 45:10 - Future of AppDefense, Integration with NSX, Adaptive Micro-segmentation
- 50:00 - Licensing model and how to test AppDefense
- 55:00 - Closing notes
- Transforming Security in a Cloud and Mobile World (VMworld US 2018 session with a live demo)
- Security, Virtualization, & The Goldilocks Zone - Martin Casado
- vSphere Platinum Solution Overview
- vSphere Platinum Promotion – free VMware Cloud on AWS credits
21 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 42 mins duration .