Manage episode 179873902 series 1430551
In this episode of the podcast, we talk about the various visa troubles we've had throughout our travels and while living abroad. We talk about our experiences and give lots of helpful advice for obtaining visas to live abroad. In this episode, we discuss:
- How we got our tourist visa to go to Thailand
- Why and how we worked illegally in Thailand
- Our "visa run" to Laos and exactly what a visa run entails
- How we applied for-- and got denied of-- a visa extension in Thailand
- The easy, breezy visa process to live and work in South Korea
- Why we were terrified to leave Korea before our work contracts ended
- How we obtained a tourist visa very easily and quickly to be tourists in Vietnam for 90 days
- Our "visa run" to Cambodia from Ho Chi Minh City and the headache that ensued
- Our somewhat illegal visa extension in Vietnam
- Living in Japan visa-free and traveling in Taiwan visa-free
- Our extensive, grueling, terrifying, nail-biting, and on-going visa process to work and live in the Czech Republic
Thank you for listening, guys! If you would like to see some photos of visas and some extra info (such as where exactly we went to apply for visas), check out our blog post here.
Cheers and happy travels!
Wine: Schloss Raggendorf - Zweigelt (Austria)
38 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 48 mins duration .